Thursday, August 30, 2007

August 30th, 2007

Well this is something entirely new to me. I often have long meaningful conversations with myself, but I have yet to write any of it down. I am doing this for a class I am taking at Indiana University. I am supposed to record my thoughts as I think about a project that involves some type of personal inquiry. Something I am curious about, that has some meaning or value to me. At this point I have an idea of what I may want to study. I have yet to decide how to narrow my topic. I do feel better having a very broad idea of what I want to my project to entail. I'll let you know what I came up with later. I might want to say here that the fancy definition of inquiry as quoted in Callison and Preddy’s The Blue Book is, “the process for formulating appropriate research questions, organizing the search for data, analyzing and evaluating the data found, and communicating the results in a coherent presentation.” (2006, pg. 225) While it sounds teacher-speak to me, I don't know if I understand what my final product should be.

No comments: