Friday, August 31, 2007

O.K. I've thought about my inquiry project and about something that has personal value to me and could perhaps add insight at a later time. I am going to do a search and study in two parts, the first part is a comprehensive look at the Kemerovo region of Eastern Russia, or Siberia. I want to study culture, why people were/are there, lifestyles and some generalities of the population. The second part will be an in-depth dive into fetal-alcohol syndrome, and a look at RAD, reactive attachment disorder. Of my four children, whom I love fiercely, two are biological brothers from this region. I have been lucky enough to have become their "papa" for two and a half years. Some of it has been difficult and I want to know as much as possible when the time comes and they are curious about their past. So the Russia study is for them, the other is for me as I see my sons develop at a vastly different rate than my biological children. I'm hoping to find information that will ease my mind about the struggles they have, or to accept those and teach them to deal with them. The search begins.

No comments: