Saturday, September 15, 2007


After my bout of nervousness caused by my lack of understanding the directions, I'm back. I feel confident that I am on the right track and have attempted to organize my thoughts in a clear and logical manner. I've separated my search into two distinct parts, one being the physical geography of the area, and the other being the socioeconomic, ethnic make-up of this particular region of Russia. In my brief attempts at searching, I've been frustrated with the lack of clear credible information. I began a very broad Google search, and since that didn't provide many dividends, I realize I must now narrow the focus (another W) and look for information in more detailed areas. Fortunately, I am at the moment also taking L401, which has helped me with databases and search language. I may also want to contact embassies and see if they have any information available, or possibly do a search of credible adoption agencies and see what they have to offer. Yes, a clear path and a direction. Oh, I forgot to add that I believe I have just been through the Webbing phase. Along with that I was browsing through materials and came across soemthing in the book, Inquiry Learning that was talking about how to connect information searching and inquiry. They listed these steps:
  1. Recognize the need to see the big picture.
  2. Involve students (me) in determining a focus for the research.
  3. Address the need for planning the research and the presentation.
  4. Require students (me) to colledt and evaluate information from different sources.
  5. Provide opportunites for students (me) to organize and present their information.
  6. Recognize the critical role of assessment. (blogging)
  7. View the information search process as nonlinear.

I thought that many of the listed points were directed mainly at me and my struggle with the process of inquiry. I really liked the last point, I think I have been worried that I wasn't doing things in the correct order, and now I realize that maybe there isn't a correct order. O.K. that's enough for now.

No comments: