Sunday, September 30, 2007

I just want to say that I feel great. I have begun the process of putting my project together, and quite frankly, am pleased with the way it has fit together. I really found out some information that I didn't know about before, and I was able to compile information that has some personal meaning to it. I understand why an educator would want to add this important element, the element of personal connection. At this point though, I'm not sure how to get 20 some students interested in 20 something different ideas, especially if it entails work. I need to think about it some more. While I'm thinking I need to remember something I read about information fluency. That "the mature, information literate student understands that elements of several models may be needed to deal adequately with the problem or project at hand." I really believe that forcing students to stick with one model is to restrict some of the different intelligences that my students posses.

No comments: