Wednesday, September 5, 2007

All right, I've decided on a direction for my inquiry. I've also read the project objectives and found that I have not been doing a good job of blogging. So, I am going to make my blog a sort of information inquiry. The components of it are questioning, exploration, assimilation, inference, and reflection. As stated previously I have a strong personal interest in information that would help me understand some things about my adopted sons. In conversations with friends and my wife I have decided to concentrate on cultural values and views from the country of Russia. What kind of people might their ancestors have been? What particular qualities did they possess? How did the climate of the region shape living and work conditions? I feel that now that I have a clear idea of what I want to look for I can begin the questioning phase of information inquiry. I feel like I am participating in what The Blue Book calls free-choice learning. I am not limiting myself to just my own library collection but wherever I can get information that will allow me to get some good information for my project.

No comments: